Thursday, March 2, 2017

Backyard Visitors

Brett & I were sitting in the family room chatting before dinner yesterday when, out of the corner of my eye, I sensed something moving in the backyard. 


Turning to get a better view I was surprised to see two visitors.
Oh, dear deer!
It's not often that we've seen them this close to the house.
Naturally, I grabbed the camera and started snapping.
We thought they might take off if they saw us.
Ha, Ha!  Quite the opposite.  They seemed in no hurry to leave.
So, we just kept watching and snapping.

I started getting antsy when they sauntered over to the spring flowers.  I know they aren't interested in daffodils, but I wasn't sure about hyacinths.  All seemed to be going well until they started nibbling on the dogwood tree.  The dogwood tree that will soon be putting on it's beautiful show.
Time to make our presence known.
So, we did.
And off they went.

The End.







6 comments:

  1. Beautiful visitors! When we first moved into our house 27 years ago, we had deer in our back yard all the time. That was because we had woods in back of our house. Then developers came along, cleared out the woods and built houses. So sad. And no more deer either. However, we do have a State Park 1/2 mile down the road from us, so we see deer there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the thumbnail in my sidebar...it looked like Christmas yard ornaments! They are beautiful and something we rarely see here. Enjoy your day. Hope the weather's nice. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have the deer in your yard but not if they eat there. The deer walk through our yard quite often and stop for a snack of bird seed,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo op until... Little buggers...they must have food available in the forest without foraging in your garden. In the 24 years I have been here, I have only seen deer in the yard three times. Do you see them often?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee,
      It isn't unusual to see them in the neighborhood. However, I think it's only the second or third time I've seen them in our yard.

      Delete
  5. Wildlife is nice to watch but once they start nibbling on our shrubs and flowers they better go! We had a wild rabbit last year that seemed quite used to us and it normally ate greens that I didn't care about. Then it discovered how tasty Rose leaves were and denuded the bottom 2 feet ( I saw how high it stretched). I chased him all around ( must have looked like an idiot) but he finally left our yard and I haven't seen it since.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.