Monday, October 19, 2020

House Hunting



After many years of living in a condo in the city, my son has decided that he is ready to buy his first house.  We have been happy to tag along as his search gets underway.
The house above was one that we looked at over the weekend.
After taking the virtual tour I could hardly wait to see it in person.
Seems I wasn't alone.  Right after it went up for sale the showing calendar was nearly full.  We were able to get an early morning appointment so off we went.



As soon as I walked in I was charmed by the details.
The leaf cabinet pulls and tiles gave the kitchen some personality.
The stained glass piece was an interesting valance over the kitchen sink window.


I wouldn't mind doing dishes here one little bit.


This house had so many interesting little touches.
The inlaid leaves on the first step of the staircase were so unique.


The little shelves under the staircase housed a small collection of  kaleidoscopes.


Often when selling a home we are told to put away all of our personal objects so the prospective buyer can picture themselves living there.
I understand that thinking, but sometimes I tend to disagree.
When I saw this area of the great room I knew instantly that this would be where morning coffee would be enjoyed.  Nestled in between two windows overlooking the lake with those sweet little shelves tucked into the corner.  Swoon!!


In another area of the great room the homeowner positioned a desk behind the sofa, all of which overlooked the lake.  Very nice.
But, what really caught my eye here is the interesting bookcase set-up.  I am always drawn to a closer look when it comes to bookcases.



As a kid I would have loved this little built in child sized reading spot.  There was even a wall mounted reading light in there.  I was very curious to know what was behind those little doors.  I know if I lived here it would be my collection of vintage children's books.


Another swoon worthy feature was this little playhouse on the property.  So sweet.


A wee little sparkly witch sat on the entry mirror.

🍁🍁🍂🍂


Despite all of the special touches, this house isn't the right fit for my son.  Later in the day we looked at another house which fit his needs better.  Last night he put an offer in.  It was a very nice house too, but vacant.  Not nearly as fun to take pictures in ; ).






6 comments:

  1. All the best to your son during this process. I enjoyed taking the tour of this house with you. I agree about all that staging business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! This house has so many cute touches, the best in my mind is that little child-sized reading spot. Adorable!! I think this house will be snapped up pretty quickly. Nice that your son found something more to his liking though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the little cubbies and shelves in this house. I have always loved to house hunt but I know your son is happy to find what he needs. That's a relief! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice taking the tour of this beautiful house on the water. I like the little touches too.

    Though this wasn't the right house for your son lad to hear he found a house perfect for him. Hope all goes smoothly with the purchase and much happiness to him in his new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful house! Love the views of the water, too. Hope your son finds just the right home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. House hunting can be a lot of fun! I'm glad your son found a place that suits him and I hope the move goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.