Thursday, September 17, 2020

Seems Sally Stole The Sunshine



The other day, Brett popped his head in the door to tell me there was a turtle in the front yard.  I got out there just in time to see this guy climbing up the curb.  I have no idea where he came from or where he was headed, but he offered some new photo ops, so there we both stood snapping away.  Anything for a bit of variety in these strange times we are in.



I woke this morning at 6:25.
Closed my eyes in hopes of a bit more sleep before the 7:30 alarm sounded.  Next thing I knew it was 7:55.  Hmmm,  not sure if I forgot to set the alarm or I turned it off in the midst of exhaustion.
The room was still as dark as the middle of night.
One look out the window revealed the reason.
It seems that the remnants of hurricane Sally will be with us all day.



The sun will be in short supply non-existent here today.


Yesterday the sun shone all day.
The humidity disappeared making it a delightful day to keep the windows open and air the place out.



Today we'll be making our own sunshine and perhaps finishing the puzzle or a book.


What's happening in your world today?

8 comments:

  1. I like your puzzle and I hope you are getting some better sleep. We had a shower come through but the sun is out bright now. I feel better when the sun shines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's rainy today where I am. I just wish I could ship some of our rain to the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a cloudy day here. Nice shot of the turtle. We start doing puzzles with the first snow fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we had your rain, our ground is cracking under our feet. Like the others I love the puzzle. Have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a good picture of the turtle! I'm waiting for the day when the smoke goes and we can have the windows open to air out the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that Sally took off with the humidity! That almost makes it worth having a hurricane. Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our air quality isn't good right now (smoke). We'll be inside with all the little actors and actresses except for a brief stop in at James's soccer game.
    The little turtle is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning ~ I just read this post and your previous one. I was just outside in the morning light, sipping my tea and brushing my kitties. It's chilly (got down to 39 last night!) but the sun feels good and so does the fresh air.

    Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.