Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Ways With Trays



With the passing of the Labor Day holiday, thoughts often turn to all things Fall.  By now I am ready for those cooler temperatures, although our weather is usually still screaming Summer.


This year, our temperatures have slipped down into the low 80s and, best of all, the humidity is way down too.
Yesterday, while spending a leisurely Labor Day at home, the fall decorating bug bit.



My seasonal decorating has been greatly simplified in the past few years.
Tray vignettes serve me well.
They are as easy as 1, 2, 3.
As you can see above, the tray on my dining table works like this:

1.  seasonal candle
2.  seasonal napkins
3.  something textural and seasonal.  In the summer it was a vase of flowers or whatever was available to be clipped from the garden.  Now it's a bundle of wheat.

See, easy as can be and also practical.



I decided to change out the candle (previous photo) to this one.
I think the scale is better and I like the mini gourds with the napkins.


Further proof that the decorating has become simple around here.
This tray is near the entrance to my home.
Yesterday I replaced one item to give it a nod to the upcoming season.


Throughout the spring and summer it looked like this.
Bye bye bunny.
Hello mercury glass pumpkin.
: D

I rest my case.
Super simple seasonal decorating.
All thanks to the humble tray.





7 comments:

  1. It really is quite simple isn't it. I like how you've arranged your trays. I must look for pretty Fall themed napkins soon ( while the selection is good).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so cold (50's) and damp and gray here today and yesterday, that it's depressing. The sun and warmer temps will come back this weekend.

    I like using trays and low sided baskets to corral things and create vignettes, too. It makes everything look much neater, doesn't it? Your fall vignette is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mercury glass and the pumpkin is beautiful. I may do a couple of trays too...easier to dust around! I hesitate to 'drag out' my Fall stuff. It just seems like too much this year when I've worked so hard to declutter. I like your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Autumn I go all out decorating our house ...especially this year since being home most all day long I need color & cheering up. I start with Halloween witches (I collect them) and then move on to Thanksgiving & Christmas. I LOVE your simplistic style very much.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.