Friday, July 19, 2013

Baby Love

 Through my blogging years I've shared my love for vintage children's books, Christmas decor, angels, garden items, etc.
There is just something about the soft colors and sweet faces on these pieces that really speaks to me.  I suppose it's a reminder of simpler times.


 When I came across this print in a thrift shop a few years ago, my boys were 6 feet tall and grandchildren weren't on the horizon, yet the innocence of that chubby baby boy being closely guarded by the sweet pup... well... what can I say other than it found it's way home with me and has been stashed away in my "Grandma Hope Chest" ever since.

 
 Also in that hope chest is this little print.
When my boys were babies this hung in their nursery.
As you can see my love for precious baby prints goes back a long way :).

On occasion Brett would be with me when I stumbled upon one of my vintage treasures.  As was the case with the above print.  It is beautifully framed and matted by an art shop and was reduced to $5.  
When he looked at it I think he wondered if I was a bit off my rocker to be buying a mother/baby picture at this stage of my life.
When I looked at it I saw a precious baby (in adorable
yellow shoes ;-) surrounded by the protective arms of his loving mama with the faithful pup nearby.  I will admit the warm and cozy home out the window helped to seal the deal.
In this case I disregarded Brett's hesitation and considered it a most valuable addition to the hope chest.

I hoped that someday I would be blessed with a grandchild to hold in my arms and shower with unconditional love.
Through my years of blogging I have been taking mental notes from so many of you who are currently grandparents and fill that role so well.  


 And now, it is with a full and happy heart, that I announce the birth of my very first grandson.

Baby Jaxson
born June 10, 2013
7 lbs. 15 oz.
21.5 inches

Off to unpack that hope chest.





14 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, Kim, you've been holding out on us! What a sweet darling baby boy... Will they call him Jaxs? I like that name. Oh my, I've got to stop babbling here... Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the prints are gorgeous! I have two mother and child prints up (not packed away) still. They're not quite so charming as yours, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Being a grandmother is something fairly new to me (one 2 1/2 and 1 one-year old) and it's SO MUCH FUN! It's like another chance at childhood.

    Your grandson is a darling - enjoy those baby cuddles. A Grandma Hope Chest is a wonderful idea and your prints are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I was just saying a little prayer for you to be blessed, and then.....the wonderful news! Congratulations to all, he is so beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I love those vintage prints too and when I scrolled down to your announcement I was so happy for you. Congratulations on your first grandson's birth! There is nothing like being a grandmother. It's the same as a mother but different. Jaxon is precious. I'm so glad you will get to take the sweet prints out from the hope chest. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kim! I am so happy for you! He is beautiful! I just know you're going to be the best Grandma. Have a lovely weekend, Dear Friend! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I was all caught up in enjoying the vintage baby things! They are beautiful! But a real baby! Your first grandson? That is wonderful! Babies are a blessing for the whole family! Congrats to your sweet family! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! Sharing in your joy. A beautiful baby...with a great name. Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Being a grandmother is the most wonderful thing in the world. Enjoy! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray!!! It seems to be running baby boys at the moment in my circle of friends. So nice to see vintage art of baby boys; they are sweet too in their own special way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kim, I'm so happy for you and your family. Congratulations. You never gave us a clue! I'll have to get an afghan done and send it to you for him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a happy blog post and a huge congratulations on the birth of your grandson! Welcome to the world Jaxson!

    Funny that you have a love of old illustrations too. Have you ever seen the Elsa Beskow books? They are amazing and all being reprinted. I collect them.

    I had your blog up to comment but my husband called me as he is working in London and saw you commented on my blog post already. Yes, that doll standing in the naughty corner is so sweet.

    We have no a/c. It is a luxury that is only in office buildings and grocery stores here. A great way to cool off is go stand at the milk rack in the grocery store....all afternoon....lol.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry that I did not read this post earlier. How very excited I am for you and your family. Congratulations! Your collection of vintage prints is a special one and I know you will be so happy that you purchased them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to you and your family. Being a grandparent is the best!
    Suzan
    Ladybug Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.