Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Of Gardens and Grandsons

A pretty surprise greeted me this morning as I was busy tending to my garden.  One "Double Delight" rose in full bloom under my hummingbird feeder.  



We've had so much rain this year that in many ways it feels like we're still waiting for summer to begin.  On the bright side I have never had a happier garden.  The perennial flowers and zinnias planted from seed are tall and healthy and blooming to beat the band.

 So far this summer we've had the boat out once and that was Memorial Day weekend.  When it seemed like the weather might cooperate, we decided to have a day on the lake this past Sunday.  We invited the kids over, prepared the food, charged up the batteries in the boat and . . .  the engine wouldn't turn over.
So there was no boating, but there was lots of loving on the baby boy.


It's been a long time since we've had a baby to love.
Please forgive me for being a bit sporadic in my blog visiting and commenting of late.  It's just that I'm spending a lot of my spare time getting to know the little guy.

Oh my, I had forgotten how soft they are.
I had him all to myself for a while on Sunday and found myself just gazing at those sweet little fingers and toes.  
Smitten?  Yes, guilty as charged.
I promise I'll be back down to earth by my next post.






17 comments:

  1. Why? I'm still smitten and it's been six years since we had a baby in the family. Enjoy, enjoy...as you know, we are all warning how fast they grow. He sure is a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable, Kim. Take all the time you need to enjoy him! I love your bright flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't even think about coming back down to earth...enjoy each and every minute! I love your beautiful rose...it looks a lot like a camilia, doesn't it? Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable and I agree with the ladies who commented above me. Enjoy him. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandson is adorable and I can tell his grandma loves him very much. Spend as much time as you can with him because they grow up so quick.
    The flowers are stunning - so glad yours are doing well.
    Have a happy week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my he is adorable. One forgets how tiny babies are. I was hoping to knit an afghan for him but I've just been too busy. I'll knit hat and some mittens for winter. That will give me a little more time. : )
    I don't think I'll bring the cookies just yet to the hairdresser. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so sweet. I would be smitten too! Enjoy him!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No need to apologize for being smitten with that little darling. I have two little granddaughters that have captured my heart. Your rose is beautiful, as are your zinnias. I always think zinnias are such cheerful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful rose! And an even more beautiful baby boy! I can see why you are smitten...he is just precious. Enjoy every moment with him, they grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw! You LOVE being a granny! I knew you would!
    My Double Delight is not as happy as yours!
    Zinnias are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet little baby! I can fully understand your absence from blogging to spend time with him. Enjoy every moment! Your garden looks lovely and lush from all the rain. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you...having that sweet grandboy to love on! You are in for lots of fun.

    Your garden is looking happy & cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is no greater gift than a new baby! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could not be happier for you! What a precious little guy! I too marvel at their soft, tiny hands and feet. No more wonderful gift!

    As for the rose, I love that you shared it's picture of perfection too.

    You have every excuse for not being as faithful as you usually are in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No....you stay up there and enjoy it!! They grow up so quickly! It doesn't matter if you don't visit....we understand. You just enjoy the little one. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kim,
    Your Grandson is precious. You must be filled with joy when you see him. I don't have Grandkids yet.....maybe someday.

    It looks like you are enjoying the summer days in your garden.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  17. I missed the birth of your grandson! Congratulations! Grandchildren fill the hearts of grandparents much more than we could ever have imagined --enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.