Monday, December 16, 2019

December 16th ~ How did that happen so fast?

I'm not sure if I've ever had a more laid back Christmas season than this one.  In fact, in my last post it seemed like a great idea to do a post a day until Christmas arrived.  I'm not sure who I was kidding as daily blogging has never been my specialty.  So, here we are ten days later and while you all are probably as busy as can be, I'm here to talk about wreaths.  Feel free to click away.  I'll carry on as I am partially documenting in order to remember a few things next year.



If you are still with me
WELCOME
If you were really on my doorstep, this is your current view.
For the first time in many, many years there is a fresh cut wreath on my door.  Our garden club was selling them to raise funds for starting a monarch waystation within the community.  It came unadorned.  Still beautiful and oh so fragrant.  Yet a little too plain for my taste.  So, when I went to see the neighbor who made the tree from a mannequin (see previous post) it was to have her make a bow for the wreath.  I had met her at a recent craft show and knew that she made lovely bows.  She asked if I just wanted a bow or a few things tucked in here and there.  I opted for the addition of a few things.  When I went to pick it up I was very pleased with how she put it together.  She also gave me a string of battery powered lights with wee jingle bells so that when people came and went the bells would ring softly.
For documentation I hope this post will come in handy when I try to recreate a similar look next year.

Much to my surprise and delight she said she threw together a little wreath for my Christmas gift.  She is clearly a lady with a big heart and a love for creating beautiful things.  After visiting my house she said she could picture this near the windows that looked out on the woods and birdfeeders.


We found just the spot for it and while it is beautiful by day, it is magical by night.



Particularly when the shadows on the wall are reminiscent of a snowflake.

❄❅❆❄








7 comments:

  1. What pretty wreaths and what a good idea to take pictures so you can recreate the look next year.
    I love that last picture. The shadows really do make you think of snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do like that blue wreath. Beautiful. What a very nice neighbor.
    We have the same welcome mat as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wreath is gorgeous! What a kind, talented neighbor you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that’s really pretty and the wreath on your door is wonderful. A fresh wreath on the door is wonderful because one gets that whiff of greens as she or he enters the home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. After reluctantly giving up on the real trees years ago I have missed that delightful scent. I think from here on it will be fresh wreaths on the front door.

      Delete
  5. What pretty wreaths. I love fresh wreaths. Your wreath-maker sounds like a most kind and generous soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the wreath your neighbor made for you! Such a wonderful surprise :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.