Monday, December 30, 2019

Just Like That

Weren't we all just bustling about getting ready for the big day?
Now just.like.that it's over for another year.
 Ah, well I suppose it's like that most years.  Hopefully all the preparation work sets the stage for a memorable celebration.
Around here we were happy to have the family together on Christmas day.


Some years are better than others at remembering to take photos.
This year we did pretty good at getting shots of everybody.
As much as I like this one...  that cord needs to go :D.



I like the way different family members bring different elements to the celebration.  I wonder if you can guess which of my family members makes sure there is a sweater for everyone.  Quite a colorful bunch we were.



Somebody enjoyed decorating sugar cookies.  It became even more fun when he taught his uncle how it was done.



I do hope that your holidays were happy and memorable too.






9 comments:

  1. I love seeing pictures of your family. How true it is that all too soon life returns to normal for another ten or eleven months! I'm not taking my trees down just yet. I want to enjoy them for at least another week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Kim, here's wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice seeing pictures of you and your family. Christmas sounds like it was a great time at your house.
    It certainly does come and go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Is it your daughter-in-law who makes sure you all have Christmas sweaters? You? I will go to great lengths to hide a cord. My sister asked, “Why is that pillow always on the floor?” She was incredulous that I use it to hide electrical cords. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, it's my oldest son. The one with the Christmas lights on his head :). Hilarious about the pillow on the floor. I need to remember to give thought to cords showing up in photos. Not a pretty sight.

      Delete
  5. Sweet photos! The sweaters are great-- ha ha ha! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun family times. Our Christmas, too, went by so very quickly, but it was just lovely. Your sweater photo is really something! Cords do have a way of showing up in photos and we hardly see them otherwise. Wishing you and your family a most Happy New Year, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful family photos! I love the sweaters. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderfully fun Christmas! Have a wonderful weekend~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.