Friday, December 20, 2019

December 20th ~ The Guest Room is Ready


My ho hum guest room received a holiday spruce up just in time for our overnight guests.
It all began with the snowflake pillows.
Recently while strolling through the thrift shop, two of them caught my eye.  Pillows can be iffy to buy secondhand.  So I checked them over for stains or flaws and gave them the sniff test.  They passed those tests with flying colors.  When I saw they were originally from Pier 1, the $1.49 price seemed even more enticing as I know how pricey throw pillows can be from there.


Another trip to the thrift yielded the plush throw at the end of the bed.  It originally came from Nieman Marcus.  A store I've never even set foot in.  It is incredibly soft and the color was spot on.
Not long after that I was in a different thrift shop and spotted a rack of window coverings that had been donated by L*we's.  I didn't even realize I was in the market for window coverings until I saw these.  The colors were perfect for this room
All in all, the room came together nicely without breaking the budget.  Win Win!!







7 comments:

  1. Those are absolutely amazing finds. To find all of them at great prices and matching!!!
    Don't know if you'll post again before Christmas but in case you don't I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great! Anybody would enjoy a night or many in that beautiful room. Wishing you the best Christmas ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful guest room. It all matches perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ll say! It looks fabulous...what a great color. Your guests will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've created a beautiful and welcoming space for your guests! They will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your guest room is beautiful. Very calm and peaceful with those lovely, subdued colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thrift store finds for the win! Your guests will think they're extra spoiled!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.