Sunday, December 1, 2019

December 1st ~ calendar fun


Apparently it tis the season to begin the new month with good intentions of putting a post on the blog.  The post began early in the day.  But then finishing the indoor decorating took higher precedence followed by putting the bins away so the car could be returned to the garage.  Then, of course, we were hungry so dinner took precedence.  Now the dinner dishes are soaking, my feet are propped up and the post will be finished before bedtime.
Yes, it truly is the season, isn't it?

Fortunately, I love this season and was quite happy to turn the calendar page this morning to this cheerful holiday scene.  It makes me excited for all of the good things we have to look forward to in the merry month of December.


After turning the calendar page this morning I hung my advent calendar next to it on the front of the fridge.  It was recently given to me by someone who knows me and my bird loving ways well.



Join me as I open door #1.
And there we see a tree decorated for Christmas complete with snow falling gently from the sky.
Let the season begin.
I'm glad that my own tree is also decorated and now we can just enjoy it.  

Have you started or finished your decorating?  





8 comments:

  1. I've finished my decorating! And I love your most unusual advent calendar. Happy December to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be a great feeling. Now you can enjoy it for a good long time. I will be popping over to visit and see if you are sharing the results.

      Delete
  2. You are finished? All in a day? Well done! It has taken me a week and a day to decorate and I am not finished yet. And you just reminded me that I have not turned the calendar page. I’ll do that before the day ends. Better get going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finished except for the tweaking that seems to go on until the arrival of Christmas. It wasn't finished in a day, however. Probably at least a week. I hope you are feeling well and enjoying the process.

      Delete
  3. I'm trying to keep it simple this year. I would say I'm finished but I'll probably do a few things as the month goes by. I DID make the cutest vignette on the table by my front door. It is ALL the Pixies I have in a little winter scene! Yours are in there too....living it up here in Florida in the pretend snow! heehee! I always think of you when I decorate and appreciate your friendship! Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that makes me so happy to know that the pixies are still bringing a smile to your face. I hope you share your decorating with us. Perhaps you already have and I've missed it. I have not been doing well with blogging lately. Will pop over asap.

      Delete
  4. I live in a small apartment with little storage space so it didn't take me long to decorate. It's all done and I even mailed my first Christmas card this morning!! Still lots to do, though. I don't want to stress over it so I pace myself. You have a wonderful week. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something to be said for little storage space. Ours is much less in this house than the last one which has forced me to downsize my décor as well. I am finding it to be rather freeing. I'm envious that you have already sent a Christmas card. I still can't find any I'm happy with. I better get a move on. Wishing you a wonderful week as well, Latane.

      Delete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
I will do my best to answer any questions here in the comments section.